In case of a caving accident, please call in the following order :
- Dial the european standard emergency number 112 and explain ::
- That a caving accident happened.
- That the technical advisor of the local cave rescue organisation (« Conseiller Technique Départemental en Spéléologie ») has to be warned.
- A person in charge of the local cave rescue organisation (SPELEO SECOURS FRANCAIS) through the followigng list : Liste des Conseillers Techniques Départementaux. For those who have a smartphone : install SSFAlert on it. It will give you the phone number list depending where you are !
- person in charge of the national cave rescue organisation (SPELEO SECOURS FRANCAIS)
Toll-Free Number: + 33 (0)800 121 123
In case of personal injury
The person who will summon emergency assistance has to be a witness of the accident. He will be able to answer the questions about place, time and circumstances of the accident.
The emergency call should also contain a minimal health report of the victim: the answers to the six questions below.
Take the time you need to collect and to write these informations before calling emergency assistance.
- The moment and the circumstances of the accident, the precise location, the number of people involved.
For the medical check-up, you need at least the following informations:
- Does the victim answer questions ?
- Can the victim move all his limbs ?
- Is the victim breathing normally ?
- Does the victim have a perceptible pulse ?
- Are there obvious wounds ?
- Is the victim getting weaker ?